Saturday, March 30, 2013

Crafts: Zippered Easter Basket

Buona Pasqua! Happy Easter!

I thought Noodlehead's Open Wide Zippered Pouch would make a great Easter gift "basket," especially when paired with this fabric, a vintage zipper, and Kinder chocolate. I love it!

Anna's patterns and tutorials are always a treat, and this one's no exception. The pouch is very quick and easy to make, too! I adhered fusible fleece to the exterior fabric, which made lining up the corner/bottom seams a little difficult, but nothing a seam ripper and extra thread cannot fix.

Note to self: Cut the fusible fleece a half-inch shorter for all edges, not just the bottom.

I still have over a half meter of this springtime fabric, and I'll make more of these zippered "baskets" to gift next year. I now need more fancy, 10-inch zippers...

Thanks so much, Anna!

No comments:

Post a Comment