Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Crafts: Teacher Appreciation

It's Teacher Appreciation Day!

My son and I have been suffering seasonal allergies, but I managed to make this little pouch for his teacher without sneezing on it.

I knew I wanted to make a gift using Ayumi Takahashi's Patchwork, Please! Books-for-Baby Quilt block, possibly for a reading time floor pillow or a library book tote. But time was short once I sat down to sew.

Still, this pouch ought to hold pens and pencils, stickers, flash cards, lunch tickets, thank you notes, or other odds and ends a kindergarten teacher needs within easy reach.

Cole has been using my school-aged copy of Ed Emberley's Drawing Book of Animals to draw lately, so the fabric choices are rather fitting. Of course, he now wants an identical pouch for himself.

I have another Patchwork, Please! project in the works, and I'll share more about the book then.

You can see last year's teacher appreciation gifts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment