Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Crafts: Briar Rose Tee

I have a queue of things to post, but here's a top I made today. I do realize strawberries are out of season, but it still feels like summer here.

I used Megan Nielsen's Briar pattern and Heather Ross's Briar Rose cotton jersey. That's two briars!

Per my usual, the front is smaller than the back. The back, sleeves, and armholes are a S, but the front side seams are an XS. I also shortened the back, middle hemline by two inches and redrafted the curve.

I love the fit. It's not too tight or too loose, and the hemline adds visual interest. I also love the strawberry print, and how easy the fabric and pattern are to sew.

I think I'll make 10 more Briar tees in stripes and solids, some with 3/4-length sleeves. I just ordered Sewaholic's Renfrew pattern, and I'm anxious to make the cowl version when Fall finally arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment