Monday, October 28, 2013

Crafts: Perfect Pajama Pants

These are Amy Butler's In Stitches Lounge Pants and Made by Rae's Parsley Pants.

Both are easy to sew, as I imagine most pajama/basic pants are. What makes the lounge pants unique is the ultra-wide leg, and the Parsley has only one pattern piece.

I made no pattern adjustments for the Parsley, and Cole loves the fit. He's rocking those pajama pants...

I did modify the lounge pants, as I find the pattern sizing too generous (I could pinch 3 inches of excess fabric on each hip using my recommended size, M). There's 3/4" difference between S and M and M and L, so I made an XS and the fit is just right. I also added 1/2" elastic to the drawstring casing. One other adjustment I'd like to make is lowering the waistline by 2 inches, and then this will be my perfect pajama pant pattern.

Cole's pajamas are made from quilting cotton, and mine are flannel (from Anna Maria Horner's Loulouthi line).

1 comment:

  1. Adorable!!!!! :) Miss you guys! It's almost Halloween...ahhh, what fun we had last year!!

    ReplyDelete